Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Traumatic Tale

Last week I got really sick one night right after Mark left for work. I felt really nauseous and like I might throw up. I've only thrown up one time in the five years that Mark and I have been married - I just don't do it. So this was really unusual for me. I managed to get Weston in bed a little early and sure enough, I was in the bathroom not long after that. I haven't been that sick for a long, long time. It was horrible. Of course, we're trying to pack the apartment and everything else so it was just not great.

Well, about two days later we had a pretty busy day and Weston was on the go all day crawling all over the boxes and playing with everything we were trying to pack. He seemed to be having a pretty fun day. That night we were going to dinner as sisters since Becky was home from Boise so I gave Weston an early bath and we headed out to get some laundry detergent before meeting my sisters since I had none. I'm at a red light and I hear this gurgling sound behind me and I turn around to find my poor, sweet little boy absolutely covered in vomit and not stopping. The look in his eyes will haunt me forever. He was so shocked and looking at me to rescue him. Besides spit up Weston has never thrown up in his whole life so this was  new experience for us both.

It just so happened that this happened right as all the lights were red so I hurried and flipped th most illegal u-turn you've ever seen, hit the curb, and went blasting into the mall parking lot to try to help him. All the while Weston is screaming and I'm trying not to lose it. I figured I'd get him as clean as possible with wipes and then head home to finish. So I get out of the car to help him and find I have ONE wipe. I did what I could with it and stripped Weston. I get back in to head home and figure I'd better call my sisters to cancel. It's at this point that I lose it and start bawling as I'm talking to Becky. Weston is hysterical in the back seat and my heart is totally breaking because I can't do anything for him except get him home. It honestly is making me sad even now thinking about it.

So I get Weston home, give him another bath and am starting to get him dressed when my sisters come through the door with dinner and laundry detergent. I couldn't stop crying. I don't know what I would have done without them. They cleaned Weston's car seat and helped me as he continued to throw up two more times after we got home. He was so pale and looked so fragile. It was so incredibly sad and the saddest thing I've experienced as a mother thus far. I had been thinking a few days before as I was throwing up that Weston never had and I was so thankful...that's what I get. Mark got sick this weekend as we were in the middle of trying to get settled too but luckily he didn't throw up. Sick kids are the worst! 

I really want to post pictures of the new house but my OCD is refusing to allow me to take pictures until the last box is unpacked and the last picture hung so I should have them up by the weekend. =) We are loving it though and things are great. Here is a picture of Weston from the weekend. He spent Saturday at his Aunt Sarah's playing with her and her girls while we moved in. He loved it.

11 comments:

bridgetrussell said...

I am sorry, it is so sad when little kids are sick. I hope you are all doing better. Also, congrats on the new house. That is so awesome I am happy for you guys. I cant wait to see it:)

Beck said...

That is a precious picture, he is seriously the cutest and I'm not biast! Can't wait to see pics of the house. Love you!

The Pascoe Family said...

Ohh, I have been there before and it stinks. Especially when they are little and can't tell you how they feel. Poor little guy.
Sisters are the best. That was so nice of them. Hope you guys are feeling better and settled in.

The Christensens said...

So sorry Jen! Hope you guys are feeling much better. Can't wait to see some pictures of your new place!!!

Taunya Spaulding said...

that is terrible! i hate the feeling of when you know you have to throw up but can't! I'm so sorry everyone has been sick! i can't wait to see pics of the new house!

Kimber Bowen said...

I am so sorry that you were so sick. I hope you are both feeling better. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. Congrats

Peterson Family said...

Oh, that is so sad! I'm sorry! Being sick is no fun, but sick kids are so much worse. Glad you are all feeling better and that you got into your new house. That is so exciting! Good luck with getting all settled and excited to see pictures!

Andrew and Steph said...

Jen! Hey I know I haven't seen you in forever and I'm so excited that I get to follow your blog and hear about all the exciting and (bad things :( that are going on. I didn't even know that you had Weston or that you were prego again! Yeah I'm way outta the loop, but hopefully this will get me back in. Good luck with everything!

Sarah said...

It was sad seeing Westy so sick that night. But now he's back to his silly little self! And he was being hilarious last night!

Jake and Gretchen said...

I'm sorry Jen that is absolutely the worst! We unfortunately have dealt with the puking thing as well and it is NOT fun. How awesome are your sisters for cleaning your carseat! I miss your fam tell them all hi for me!

alisekelley said...

Oh Jen that is horrible! What great sisters you have! Glad to hear you like your new place! I can't wait to see pictures!