Monday, October 12, 2009

Fort Fun

We had such a fun Saturday. We took Weston to the mall to play in the little play area and ended up spending the best 75 cents of my life. We let him ride on one of those moving car things and he thought that was so great. Then we went to Old Navy. I get Weston a bouncy ball whenever I have to go to the doctors office in their 25 cent machine to keep him quiet and occupied. Well, at Old Navy they have big bouncy balls for 25 cents. His reaction when he saw the big ball come out was so great Mark and I had to get him another one just to see it again. I don't think I've ever seen the kid happier! It was hysterical. Anyway, after we got home Mark decided to break out his fort building skills that have been sequestered for many years and he and Weston had lots of fun. Actually, I think Mark and I had just as much fun playing in it as Weston did. Poor Saydi only got to watch from her bouncer but it won't be long before she joins in the fun!
The fort.
I think this picture speaks for itself!
Weston watching Daddy make a run.
Last but not least, this picture is less then flattering of Saydi but it makes me crack up every time I see it!! She's a little preying mantis! The flash scared her so she made that funny face at the last minute. =) And check out her chubb-age on her thighs. LOVE IT!
I can't end with a silly picture of her so I had to add this adorable one that my niece took of her a while ago when they watched her. So precious.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I loved making forts when I was a kid. It was the greatest. Weston is lucky to have such fun and playful parents. It sounds like you all had a great Saturday together. Love you.

Andrew and Steph said...

It really doesn't matter what age you are a fort is so COOL! How fun. Weston will totally remember doing fun things with you guys. You two seem like great parents.

Brett and Cherice said...

Great fort!! That picture of Saydi is so funny! She is adorable:)

Taunya Spaulding said...

Fort making is something john would totally do! that picture of saydi is too funny! it was fun seeing you at the mall and i hope you didn't take offense about what i said about saydi's eye color...after we walked away john told me that it was kinda rude about what i said! so of course i felt bad the rest of the day! sorry! i think it's unique and cute! :) what's the plan for the halloween party?? I WANT TO GO!!

Kimber Bowen said...

I love forts too. That was an awesome fort. I am glad that you had so much fun on Saturday.

alisekelley said...

It is always fun being a kid again with your kids!!! What a great fort!!!! I love the last picture of Saydi. Super CUTE!!!!

The Boyle's said...

Oh my heck. I love it. She is starting to get a little chunky like Zoey. I am so glad. She is adorable. What a fun family you have.

Jaclyn Davis Photography said...

oh my heck! do i get to pinch her legs this weekend?!?!

Unknown said...

I am still new at all this blogging stuff, but if I wanted to have you put something on the Sageview blog, how would I do that? I noticed it is maintained by you, but I didn't even know how to send you comments on it without commenting on something that isn't even related. (I just don't get this stuff lol) I have a blog, and type up stuff about myself and put it on, but don't know how to add to it or other people's or whatever, and I wasn't sure if you were getting my comments or if you could respond to my comments.

Unknown said...

Oops and by the way, I love the fort. :) We used to make my grandparent's entire basement one big fort by tacking sheets up to the plywood and putting strategically placed chairs to hold up the middle, so it was like a giant maze. Seeing the pictures you took made me wish we had some pix to show our kids what we used to do.

James and Danielle said...

Jen- Hope things are well! In answer to your question on my blog about the stroller- it is mine. I got it from Walmart about a year ago. I absolutely love it. It folds up pretty compact and it is wonderful for active boys to get in and out of. The brand is Baby Trend Sit and Stand Stroller. I ordered online from Walmart for $89with the 97 cents shipping. It has gone up in price about $30, but I think that it is totally worth that price even. You can also get the sit and stand stroller with an option to put an actual sit in the back, but I just went with the stoller without it. Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

bridgetrussell said...

That looks like so much fun. I remember making forts when I was little. Good memories:) Saydi is so darn cute in those pictures.