Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Fussy" Weston

Well, Weston is not really living up to his nickname "Fussy" as much as he did as a baby but unfortunately it has still stuck with him and he answers to both names. (Actual he'll answer to Wes, Weston, Fussy, Fuss, and Fussy Britches!) I've said it before but really, Mark and I just can't get over what a good big brother he is. I was getting ready this morning and Saydi was SCREAMING in delight so I snuck to get the camera and caught them playing.
Sometimes when I go get Saydi out of her crib after naps Weston giggles so much that it sounds like the kind of happy laughter you have right before you burst into tears. It's adorable. He loves to cuddle with Saydi too. I took this picture Sunday morning as he was watching his New Testament video (those are what he is allowed to watch on Sunday). He's in the middle of saying, "Where's Jesus?" - which he says over and over as he watches these movies because he knows Jesus is in every one of them!
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of other pictures of him because when I get the camera out he goes crazy and has to see what I'm taking a picture of. Hopefully I can break him of that habit, otherwise we'll have nothing but videos of him if I can sneak up on him!

He loves to play ball. The other night we were throwing this ball back and forth and out of nowhere he starting throwing himself back on the couch and saying "ouch" and then laughing. It was pretty cute. Please note in the below video that the ball I threw at him was half-way deflated and I didn't throw it hard. The throwing himself backwards was part of the game - honestly!
Weston has such a fun personality. When I call for him he says "what?" which I think is adorable. He'll also say "hey" with a very stretched out "ey" if you do something he doesn't like. Also adorable. I don't know where he got it from but he started doing this new thing where he'll get close to Saydi (or sometimes me) and jab his finger into the air and say, "you, you, you" over and over! Hilarious. He says new words every day and I'm so glad. I think he knows a lot more then he shows! He can repeat all the colors I say but he won't say them on his own. He can spot an oval or a star absolutely anywhere. No idea why "oval" was the first shape he learned. And he really knows the difference between a circle and an oval. At night we read his books that go with his theme for the week from his learning poster and then we read the board books that are the stories of the Old or New Testament or Book of Mormon. After we finish his library books I say, "time for scriptures" and he gasps and says "priptures!". Probably my favorite thing about this little boy is his knowledge of prayer. He will say "prayer" even when he sees me dishing up his food and he almost never touches it before we say prayer. Most the time he is the first one with his arms folded! In church every time after the organ stops he folds his arms because he's gotten used to praying after music. It cracks me up when he drops everything he's doing to fold his arms after the rest hymn! He keeps me in line and there is never a day where we don't pray at least four times a day - with every meal and at bedtime. He goes to nursery with no problems now and babbles like crazy when I go get him. A few words are noticeable but mostly just silly talk! He'll get there one day and then I'll really be in trouble! Weston has such a sweet demeanor and a disposition to do good always. He is truly an amazing spirit and I feel honored to think that he chose Mark and I to raise him. Hopefully we won't ruin him because he is so special. We love you Fussy Britches!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Such a sweet littleboy! You are so blessed to have 2 such beautiful children Jen, and you're such a good mommy!