Friday, March 19, 2010

Random Updates

I've been kind of lazy about my blog lately but then I got my blog book in the mail (best $35 I ever spent) and now I'm recommitted to being better about writing down the happenings in our family. Let's face it - that's really why I write this blog. Because I have the world's worst memory and if it's not documented, it's forgotten.

So first of all thank you so much for all the shout outs about my guilt post. Even though I can't seem to make myself quit feeling guilty about all the things I do (or don't do) as a mother it helps me so much to know that pretty much every other mom out there feels the same way! And thanks for all the kind words about my mothering. I'm glad it looks so good on paper. =)

Here are just some recent pictures and a brief update on life lately:
We took a trip to Utah to help Mark's brother, Sean, move into their new house. On the way there Weston and Saydi were holding hands. It was so adorable. They both did GREAT in the car. And the great thing is that we were gone for three days and Mark didn't use any vacation time because he works 4 on, 4 off. Love that.
Steph is so in love with Saydi (and Weston too but girls gotta stick together) and the feeling is definitely mutual. Saydi fell asleep with Steph while she was keeping her out of the way as things were brought in and Steph was quick to follow!
Saydi got stuck under the coffee table the other day and it was pretty cute. She's not crawling at all yet but can kind of scoot her way around. Enough to get stuck and get mad anyway!
She was mid-sneeze when I took this and I thought it was pretty funny!

Mark has been working so much lately and it has been quite an adjustment for me. Mark is such a great help to me with both the kids and the house work so it's been kind of hard becoming a "single" parent for four days in a row. Then we have weeks like this one where he has an extra day of over-time and then has a scout campout to go to on his days off. And next week he has to go in for training, classes, and an over-time which will end up having him working for close to 12 days straight. I think we all just might lose our sanity! I know my patience has certainly been wearing thin and I really need to try harder at adjusting more quickly! But this is one of those things for us where the saying "careful what you wish for" is so true. We've needed the extra money and apparently the only way to get it is to work for it. Truthfully though, all hardships aside, we're very grateful to our Heavenly Father for answering our prayers with this job and the extra income. And most days my burden really does feel lighter despite being alone with both kids for 15 hours a day. We're just plain loving life and enjoying our little family!

5 comments:

Brett and Cherice said...

Weston and Saydi holding hands is adorable:) They are such good friends, I love it. It does stink when you feel like an only parent when your spouse is working and busy with church stuff, but it will all get better:) We need to get together, I know Logan will love playing with your kids. See you soon!

Heather Jene said...

It took me awhile to adjust to Jake working the 4 on 4 off out at the site as well. Some days its still really hard and he has been there over 2 years. Hang in there its all worth it!

The Ericksons said...

Holding hands in the car...so precious! Just when I start to think your kids can't get any cuter they find a way to do it!

Heidi said...

oh my gosh! thats so stinkin cute, holding hands in the car! victor says hi: ,n gg v vqc

hahha!

Taunya Spaulding said...

ok! i can't get over how freaking cute the holding hands picture is! So precious! :) I sort of know how you feel when mark isn't around-tomorrow (monday) John will be going back to work and honestly I'm a little nervous about taking care of Garrett by myself!!