Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Small and Simple Things

Today has been a day of much growth around this household. Saydi finally started crawling! We have been waiting for her to start crawling for so long since we assumed she would around the same time Weston did - just shy of 7 months old. She was a typical girl about it and took her sweet time. =) It's time to get the gate out! In addition to this our sweet baby girl finally pulled herself up to a standing position today. I went to get her out of her crib after her nap and there she was! Needless to say, Daddy and I lowered her crib before he went to work tonight! Sadly these changes, while making me so happy to see my little girl learn new things, also make me sad to see how big she's getting so fast! Such is life I suppose. At her 9 month checkup last week she weighed in at 17 lbs. (14th percentile but up from the THIRD!) and 28 inches long (61st percentile). I checked Weston's growth charts to compare and he weighed over 22 lbs and was 30 inches long at 9 months. A difference for sure but she'll catch up.

Weston reached his own little milestone today too. I was texting my sister and cleaning up after lunch and I heard this wooshing sound so I went to inspect and I found that he had pulled his stool over to the sink, washed his hands and was drying them without me even telling him to! So proud.

Here are some recent, random pictures:
Weston was sporting Mark's beanie and sunglasses (on the top of his head) but as always, had to see what I was taking a picture of so this is the best I got. He looks drunk but it cracks me up! He's so funny. He'll wear these beanies all day long sometimes.
Saydi looked so stinking cute on Sunday that I just had to take a picture of her in her cute little dress. This is after church though so her cute butterfly was pulled out of her hair and if you look close you can see the ring of slobber on her dress (still no teeth!). She's getting so big!
It's funny how such little things like seeing your kids learn new things and baking cookies with them can totally make you appreciate how much your kids mean to you. I love being a mom and knowing that I have these two little people in my life that help make it meaningful and worth while.

4 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Exactly how I feel! My children make me realize how wonderful life is! And it's the small things they do that make it worth it--the kisses, the books in bed together, the walks... It's great being a parent--a little overwhelming at times, but so worth it!

Congrats to Saydi! Braden didn't crawl till he was 9 months either, but he walked at 10 months. Every child is different! You just never know what they'll do next!

The Boyle's said...

I can't believe how similar Zoey and Saydi are. I love it. Zoey doesn't have any teeth either and she is crawling too now. They are totally reaching their milestones at the same time. Cute cute kiddos. Sorry I never got to see you over spring break. We will have to catch up and meet sometime over summer.

Taunya Spaulding said...

jen your kids are so freakin adorable!! they both are growing so fast! :) can't wait for our girls night in April-that still seems so far away! love ya and see ya soon!

alisekelley said...

Glad your kids are doing good! Hooray for Saydi crawling! She is getting so big!