Monday, October 11, 2010

Milestones

I have a million pictures I want to post but more importantly, I want to post some of the things my kids are accomplishing and doing each day because they are things I want to remember. So here are the milestones for each of them:

Weston
He randomly was trying on hats at Target and had me hysterical laughing. He loves to make me laugh so he was jumping up and down because he was so excited that I was laughing so hard. Hence, the blurry picture that I nonetheless can not refrain from posting.

-Can count to five on his own and repeat all the numbers up to 10 after me.
-Can repeat the whole alphabet.
-Loves guns, balls, and cars. Definitely a boy!
-Takes such good care of Saydi and is good at sharing, even if he's a little picky about what exactly he does share.
-Loves coloring and can match up all of his colors and repeat them all after me, although he still doesn't always know what they all are by himself.
-Extremely independent! Always wants to do things by himself.
-Loves to play outside and ride in the car.
-Is so good at picking up.
-When he's downstairs watching a show he will turn off the DVD player, TV, and all the lights before coming upstairs.
-Learns quickly! It doesn't take too many times to teach him something new.
-Enjoys learning and growing and doing new things.
-Knows when we are driving by the temple and will always be on the lookout for it and point it out.
-Spends most of his day asking "Mama, what doing?" It drives Mark crazy when he's home because it is literally NON-STOP. "Dada, what doing?" Sometimes it does get extreme and I have to tell him no more but for the most part I love the way he says it and think it's pretty darn cute!

Saydi
Charging the camera and saying "cheese"

-Now has six teeth and is getting more I think.
-Started walking about a month ago and her crawling days are officially completely a thing of the past.
-Is LOUD! (Not sure where she gets it from.) She will yell when she's excited, trying to get your attention, or just plain mad. Even when she's just babbling she is LOUD.
-Loves to clap her hands when other people do.
-Will hold up one finger when I ask her how old she is.
-Anything brother does, she must do.
-Is off her pacifier and has been for a few weeks. Easy as pie. And she was very attached to it!
-Loves to play outside. Especially with Weston.
-Makes funny noises and scrunchy faces just to make us laugh. If everyone is laughing she will join in like she knows what's going on.
-Loves cheese just as much as Weston. Which is good because she hates milk as much as him too.
-Poses like crazy when I get the camera out and sometimes says "cheese" when I tell her to.
-Obeys mommy and daddy very well for a one year old!

They are getting so big and I can hardly believe we'll be celebrating Weston's third birthday and Saydi's introduction to nursery in just a month and a half! Where does the time go? I'm sure everyone feels this way about their kids - but I am in awe of the special spirits that my children have. They are so inherently good. They always have light in their eyes and make life so much better and fuller. We have our struggles and I get frustrated with them on a daily basis, but they are good kids and fight no more then I'm sure every other brother and sister do. I love them so much and am so grateful to have them in my life!

No comments: