Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Project, Pumpkins, and Precious

We are loving this cold weather and hope it keeps coming! Here are some of our latest happenings:

I made Miss a blanket for her car seat. She's due any day now. I'm quite proud of myself since this was my first rag quilt!
Last night we painted pumpkins for FHE. Weston couldn't get enough! There's about six coats of every color of paint imaginable on his pumpkin. I made the mistake of offering glitter to Weston and his pumpkin ended up a little feminine. =) We just got him some black to make up for it!
Saydi got about two strokes in before she started eating the paint so I gave her a clean foam brush and my scouting magazine to play with while we continued with our painting.
I think they turned out pretty cute!
Saydi has really been up to stuff lately. She snuck into the garage and got herself some tomatoes that were in there ripening. She ended up eating about three before I realized that telling Weston not to get her more wasn't going to work since they had been moved to where Saydi could reach them on her own! She loves to eat them like apples. (Yes, they played outside in their jammies. It was our P-day - pajamas all day and pancakes for dinner.)
Her hair has a little natural curl to it and I'm really wishing it would grow out more so I could do something with it. I still think she's cute though. We call her Precious for a reason! =)
We took the front off her crib yesterday. She loved it and took a three hour nap yesterday hardly moving an inch! She went right to sleep last night as well and was safe when I checked on her.
Less then two hours later I checked on her before bed (even though we hadn't heard a peep from her) and she was sound asleep on her belly...on the floor! She was right in front of her changing table. Mark and I were laughing so hard. I ran to get the camera but when I came back she had woken up and was crawling away. I put her back in bed and as far as I know she didn't wake up again during the night. She may have slept on the floor for all I know though!
Weston is still not really letting me take many pictures of him - hence the lopsided post. He is as cute as ever though. My favorite thing ever that he did this week was when we went in our room to wake up Mark. The kids were crawling all over him and I left the room to go do something. Saydi followed me and Weston tucked Mark in and gave him a kiss on the forehead then left and shut the door! Cracks me up. He's all about repeating things and asking "what's that?" because he's Mr. Curious. I really love the ages my kids are at and it makes the sting of them growing up so fast more bearable.

2 comments:

The Stones said...

Looks like you guys have been up to lots of fun! I love the blanket of course and can't wait for a baby to use it soon! Your pumpkins turned out cute too! Such a crafty little fam :) Saydi looks so big in her crib like that. She's growing up so fast. Weston tucking Mark in...hilarious! Love those kids! See you tomorrow

The Ericksons said...

I can't believe you have Saydi in a "big girl" bed! She looks so comfy! I'm pretty sure I'm going to make Harper sleep in her crib until she's at least eight in an attempt to make her stay a baby for as long as possible.