Friday, November 12, 2010

Alive and Not Well

You know that part on Ice Age: The Meltdown where that guy (I forget what kind of animal he is) says, "my stomach hates me"? Yep - that is pretty much how everyone in my household has been feeling lately. We caught some kind of NASTY stomach flu from Becky's boys when they were here last weekend and man oh man, we have been miserable. All four of us (five with Becky) have been down and out and the worst was having Mark and I both get it at the same time. So grateful for family who helps though! Our poor kids were so confused as to why both mommy and daddy were in bed literally all day. The silver lining - it happened during Mark's days off work so he didn't have to call in sick. We're on the mend but still feeling too weak to do all the scrubbing with Clorox wipes that will need to be done before I feel like I can stand to even live in this house any more. I don't know why but for some reason when I get sick I'm always convinced that other moms manage to keep their houses spic and span and running just fine despite being sick and that I need to buck up and do a better job. Oh well, as soon as my stomach stops doing flips every time I exert myself I'll get to it!

So anyway, before our house became the subject of quarantine we had some fun playing in the snow and doing other stuff that I wanted to post pictures of before I forget about them.

Saydi had some serious static in her hair the other night! Too funny.
Saydi decided to fend for herself yesterday and climbed onto the chair to finish of her soup from lunch. Normally, I don't leave her food on the table for hours after she's done but nothing is normal around here when we're all sick. She was grateful since apparently she was still hungry. =)
When we had that awesome snow storm last week Mark immediately set to work making a snowman and bit off a little more then he could chew. It took him several minutes to get enough leverage on this sucker to get it on! Pretty funny from my perspective.
The final product. Except, he did add some arms later that I didn't get a picture of.I just love my kids all bundled up. When I can see nothing but their little faces I can better picture them the way they looked as babies. And yes, Weston is wearing doubled up socks on his hands. In my defense winter snuck up on me before I had time to make sure everyone had things to cover all their extremities!


So we're praying for health (and let's be honest, happiness) to return to our household soon and hopefully with that we'll have some more fun posts of GOOD things going on around here!

7 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

bahahaha! a clean house while you're sick?? um, NOT MY HOUSE!!! I don't know where you get these cocamanian ideas that everyone is a better housekeeper than you!! You're sick for crying out loud!!! :) sorry, that just made me LOL! Don't take it the wrong way or offensively!
I love Mark's snowman-no, wait, I love the effort he put into it! :) that first picture looks like he's having a hard time lifting-i can just hear the grunting! :)
anyway-i hope you are getting better! but i know what you're going through-we were all sick at the same time too! i hated it!! feel better soon!! :)

Brett and Cherice said...

Jen! I am so sorry you got that awful stomach bug. Logan had it for a week and it was terrible! Hope you guys are feeling better. Love the pictures in the snow, Mark's snowman is AWESOME, you guys got a ton of snow:) Also, I about died when I saw what you put on Weston's hands! That is hilarious, but hey it worked! Great job:)

Kimber Bowen said...

Man you guys have had it rough. I really hope you get feeling better soon. I am so sorry. And when your kids are sick the house doesn't get cleaned, but when you are sick on top of that don't even think about it. I loved the snowman. Thanks for posting pictures, I can enjoy the snow through you!!!

The Ericksons said...

Sorry you guys were so sick. I think someone needs to invent a Lysol Bomb...you just set it, leave your house for a couple of hours, and when you come back all the germs have been completely obliterated!

The Stones said...

Ugh, I still feel so bad you guys all got hit with that sludge. I'm glad you guys are feeling better and that you were able to come meet Channing! I just saw your little post about her and teared up...not sure why. Because that's what I do all day. Anyway, that was a gnarly snowman! Tell Mark next time we get lots of snow he needs to help us build one. It's rocket science to me and I can never get one built. Loves ya!

Andrew and Steph said...

I totally know how you feel about getting sick at the same time as Mark. The exact same thing happened to us. We felt like unfit parents. At least you were worried about your house, that was the last thing on my mind! :) Glad you guys are starting to feel better. It makes ya appreciate when you do feel good. That's the only positive thing I can think of about being sick :)

Peterson Family said...

Ah, I hate being sick and having sick ones in my house! No fun at all! Especially at the same time! And the germs--I agree with the person above that thinks there should be a lysol bomb--what a great idea! Cause when you are getting over being sick, you don't have the energy to disinfect but you want it clean! Oh, the joys of parenthood! I love the picture of Mark lifting the body of the snowman! So funny! Hope you guys get better and stay healthy!