Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just Because

A random post of the randomness that is our life:

I let the kids paint the other day using condensed milk and food coloring (thank you pinterest) and they l.o.v.e.d it. They were sticky all over and I didn't even care. The 30 minutes of quiet was fabulous.
Wouldn't you love to be this chipper first thing in the morning?
Buster tried cereal for the first time yesterday. I know people who get paid to tell you how to raise your baby would frown on me doing this at 4 months but this guy was ready. He's hungry all the time and my milk just isn't cutting it for him. So we are adding cereal and people who "frown on that" or want to judge can just shutty. (Do you think it's a touchy subject for me?) ;)
He was hilarious. He would kick and smile and open up. Then I'd put it in his mouth and he would swallow it while making a yucky face. Then start all over with the kicks and smiles. =)
Weston went on his first field trip today! They went to the fire station and he was completely enraptured the whole time. My batteries died in my camera though so I didn't get many good pictures. =( It was fun for me to see him with his classmates. We are so glad that he loves school and learning so much!

7 comments:

Tim and Amber said...

that's funny that you're touchy about that subject because I am too...but for the opposite reasons. Everyone around me keeps saying 'you can give it to her, it won't kill her' but I like to wait until 6 months because Tim has some food allergies and J did too. and seriously...when they let her lick frosting off their fingers, it totally enrages me...I'm weird I know, but really everyone should just leave others alone when it comes to how we raise our kids... wow, i guess I'm a little touchy too... hehe :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

hey, you know your baby WAY better than any doctor! if you know that he is getting full on cereal than on your milk than i say eat away! to me; it's not worth having a fussy baby being hungry all the time! so there...
that painting thing is genious! i'll have to remember that when garrett is old enough not to dump the paint all over himself

gibandshi said...

I am with you...you are the mom you know when your kid is ready!!! Besides they are always changing the "rules" for early eating habits anyway so what do they know!!!

Meggan said...

My kids both had cereal at 4 months and they were fine. However, people need to let the parents decide. If they want to wait, shut up. If they want to do it sooner, shut up. Some people think everything is their business. You are the mom. Good job.

Brett and Cherice said...

Oh Jen, I totally know how you feel. I start my babies on rice at 4 months because they are ready. I even started veggies and some fruits just after 4 months. You know what is best for your children:) Speaking of your kiddos, they are adorable, seriously Jen, I was looking at all your pics and your children are beautiful!

Stewart Family said...

Jen your kids are SO cute! I can't believe your little guy is already 4 months!!! He's adorable! And I say go for it with the food! =) You're a great mama!

The Stones said...

I totally understand! People are so incredibly annoying when they think they know everything, including how to parent YOUR children. Do whatever is best for YOUR baby, which you are. You rock. Looks like the field trip was fun. I love the picture of them in the morning. Weston is lovin life! So cute.