Monday, February 2, 2009

February Remember When


This isn't the greatest picture but it's the only one I have on my computer (ridiculous I know) and I wanted to do a wedding picture for my remember when this month since the 7th is our FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I can hardly believe it has been five years. I was so young when I got married and I tell our sunday school kids (who are 16 and 17) that I do NOT recommend it, but it worked for me due to circumstances that made me grow up a lot faster then most 18 year olds. I'm so glad I made my decision based on prayer and fasting and made sure Mark was who Heavenly Father wanted me to marry before I did. I have not regretted that decision one day in these five years.

For those of you who are against "corny" stuff you can skip this part, but I wanted to post about how amazing my husband is. I'm so glad I have spent the last five years with him and that I have eternity to look forward to. In the important ways Mark is exactly what I knew I wanted in a husband, but in a lot of ways he's the exact opposite of what I thought I would want. Thank goodness Heavenly Father knows what He's doing though because Mark is absolutely everything I NEED. We have been through a lot of trials in the five years we've been married. More then I think most people face. Everything from divorce between our siblings who were married, to several hospitalizations, to infertility, to a four month separation and many other shorter ones because of the Marine Corps (not to mention just the Marine Corps period), and everything in between. I can honestly say that all of it has brought us closer together and there's no one who could have been there for me through the hard times we've faced as well as Mark has. If I hadn't married Mark I probably never would have experienced life in California - an experience which strengthened my testimony in a way I would have never enjoyed elsewhere. People sometimes misread Mark because he is quiet and doesn't have much to say, but I love that about him because you better believe when he does start talking what he has to say is worth while. He honors his priesthood in a way I never knew men could and I am so grateful that he is what my children will have for a father. I love you Baby and I will love you forever.

7 comments:

The Christensens said...

Five years, huh!!! Time sure flys!!! Congrats on the stay at home job- what a blessing!!! Weston is such a cutie and hang in there with the terrible twos. Oh so fun!!!

Andersons said...

You are still as beautiful today as you were on your wedding day, if not more more so. I can always remember how many years we have been in this house by how many years you have been married. That will be helpful when I'm old...not yet though. :-) It is so fun to have you, Mark, and Weston back home and to be able to have family gatherings and the love that we have for each other. You married a very good man and I just realized...I need to bake him some cookies!! Love to you all

Taunya Spaulding said...

holy cow! 5 years! time really does fly! hope all is going well and i am so excited about the 12th! p.s. no need to wear thermals-the furnace is fixed!

Ryan and Ashley said...

You look so pretty! I remember I couldnt go to your reception because there was a snow storm or something. That is crazy that you have been married for almost 5 years. You guys are so cute together.

alisekelley said...

5 years wow! That is wonderful! What a beautiful bride you were! Hope you are feeling good!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great day. I love you both and am so glad you're my sister! I love the pic, you are so beautiful!

Jillyn said...

Jen! Can't believe you've been married for five years. Seems like only yesterday we were going over to your house for lunch during high school. I love you. I'm so glad you found Mark. :) How are you feeling? How far along are you again? I'm about ready to burst...but lovin' it!!!