Monday, February 16, 2009

My Little Big Boy

Weston seems to be learning something new every day and I love it. It's making me even more excited for this new baby because I'm beginning to realize he isn't my baby anymore! Well, sort of. =) Anyway, here are some recent videos. He says "please" in sign language. He used to just do it when we asked him to but now he occasionally will break it out when he really wants something because he knows it will get him results. 
The other one is of him saying "bye bye". I love the way he says it. Any time we go near the door, put on our shoes, or jackets he frantically starts saying it and waving in the hopes that he's going bye bye too. 
Other things he's been figuring out include feeding himself (this is a fiasco but something he demands at every meal time), he can point out an elephant when I ask him, and he's starting to fold his arms when it's time for prayer. He can't always bring his arms together but when I do it for him he keeps them that way and is quiet until we say "amen". Except for longer prayers, like at church. =) He doesn't have that much of an attention span. Must be the whole boy thing.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I love when little ones do sign language. My nephew was having a hard time learning to talk so they taught him sign language so he could still communicate and he was so adorable. Weston is so cute when he says please! 2 more weeks till you find out if it's a boy or girl right?

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable and smart! I love that he's eating cheeseballs. And the empty container makes a nice diaper genie!

Kimber Bowen said...

How cute is that! I love his Bye Bye and so did Chase, he was clapping away for him. That is amazing that he knows sign language, what a good mom you are! He is sure cute, when do you find out what you are having? I can't wait!

Taunya Spaulding said...

that is so cute! i can't wait to know what you're having!

bridgetrussell said...

Weston is such a cute little boy! I am so excited to hear what you're having!

Beck said...

Thanks for putting those up, it was worth the wait! So adorable and smart. I can't wait to see him this weekend and kiss his chubby cheeks.

alisekelley said...

He is getting to be such a big boy. I can't wait to find out what you are having. My guess is another boy!

Tim and Amber said...

weston is so cute! I been trying to teach Jackson sign language, but he just doesn't seem to have the attention for it. thanks for thinking of us and grandpa dave. we will find out the results of all the tests on the 23rd of this month, so i will keep you posted :) do you have a feeling of what you are having?