Monday, February 2, 2009

Catch Up

It seems like so much has been going on! We had a busy weekend and spent lots of time with family. Sean and Crystal were in town and we gave Crystal a baby shower Friday night. It was fun. On Mark's side there are FIVE of us having babies this summer over a three month period! So we got a picture of the five of us. I forgot my camera though so I'll have to post it when I get it emailed to me. Of the five of us I'm the only one that doesn't know what I'm having (we find out on the 27th!) and ALL four of the other gals are having girls! Crazy. I keep telling everyone we're going to be the ones to break the mold. Anyway, the guys all were together at Sid's and when we got back they wanted to show me what Pa Sid taught Fussy so they put him right by the top of the stairs. Here I suppose I must confess what a bad mom I am and admit that the last time we were there Weston fell ALL the way down the stairs. He thought we were playing chase as we were trying to get him to stop so he took that fateful step and tumbled down all the way. It makes me sick just picturing it over again but he had no injuries and was just scared. Anyway, this being the case I was a bit nervous - but Weston sat down, turned around and proceeded to go down the stairs all by himself. It was the cutest thing though because he springs off both of his legs at the same time and jumps to the next step so he looks like a little frog! 

Jeni's youngest, Chase, was baptized on Saturday and it was a great baptism. We played games after that and spent the day with Mark's family. Then Sunday we were all supposed to go to church as a family too but Jeni ended up going home early, Crystal went home sick, and Grammy was in Utah! So it was sort of all of us, sort of not. Weston was even more rambunctious then usual at church because it was a new church to explore and he had five nephews to entertain him during sacrament so of course he couldn't nap. We went to Sid's and watched part of the Super Bowl yesterday and had a good time. 

Another recent development is that I am now going to be doing some work from home. We got a new home teacher and it turns out his wife does editing and formatting for government contractors and she does it all at her own pace (as long as she meets the deadline) and works from home. Well, she needs some help with this new project she's working on and since I have lots of experience from the last job I had they are letting me help them out. The pay is GREAT - more then I could make anywhere else and I can focus on it when Weston is asleep or otherwise occupied. I feel so thankful for this new opportunity and it is definitely an answer to prayers! So if my posting becomes infrequent these next three weeks, that is why! So, I think that's the most recent happenings. Weston has been up to some seriously cute stuff but this post is already super long so I'm going to add another one. =)

No comments: