Monday, February 2, 2009

Terrible TWO's?

Well, I thought it would be a while longer before my angel baby turned into a toddler but he's wasting no time. He has recently begun stomping his feet when he wants something and waving his arms like a windmill (usually in front of my face) when he doesn't want something. I guess at least I know the difference but it sure is annoying. I'm not quite sure how to teach such a little guy patience! He seems to whine incessantly now also, but with a nickname like Fussy Britches I suppose I'm not that surprised that he still is living up to it. Despite this though he has also been up to some seriously cute stuff lately too.

One thing I love is that he dances now. I really like the song Love Lockdown (Kanye West) because the beat at the chorus totally makes me want to clog (the dancer in me will forever prevail). So I figured out the steps to make it match the beat and I always do it at that part. Well, one day I noticed that whenever I turned that song on Weston started dancing like me. Here's a little video of it. It gets shaky because I was trying to get him to keep doing it by doing it with him. Sorry. 

I've mentioned before his obsession with shoes. On Sunday he put Mark's on one foot (he prefers Mark's church shoes) and got his foot stuck in it. I'm not sure how but he managed to hobble into the bathroom where Mark and I were getting ready for church and it was so cute. He also has a new favorite toy thanks to Aunt Sayah and the gals, Hannah and Hallee. I went over last week and they let him play with this toy vacuum they have. He wouldn't put it down! So they let me have it for the time being since they don't use it
anymore. In the car on the way home he fell asleep - but not until after he had pulled it up onto his lap! He plays with it every day. For the first few days even when he was done playing with it he would hold it in one hand and play with his other toys with the other hand. It's so cute. He really thinks he's helping. 

Another new thing is that we recently took the front off of his crib so it's more like a bed. I didn't want him feeling like we were kicking him out of his bed for the baby and I'm NOT buying another crib so we wanted him to have plenty of time to transition. He's done GREAT. He has never gotten out of bed when he's supposed to be napping or sleeping and even in the mornings he just talks or fusses until I go in and get him. He fell the first night and then didn't for two weeks but last night for some reason he fell out twice! Not sure what that's about but he's doing good with it and I'm glad it hasn't been difficult for any of us! I love my little guy so much and it's crazy to see what a big boy he's becoming!!

1 comment:

Kimber Bowen said...

I love the dancing! So Cute! He looks adorable in his Sunday clothes.