Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mischevious with a capital "M"

I know I've been posting like crazy this month but I had to share this. This morning I was preparing my sunday school lesson in the living room and Weston was playing in his room. I must have been really focusing because as I was almost done I realized it was WAY too quite. Any mom knows that quiet is the best sound in the world...but only when your kid is asleep. So I go back in his room and this is what I found.
Let's assess the situation here: In the upper right hand corner you can see patches of baby powder, the bottle is on it side in the chair, which also has patches of powder. (And yes, I know it's my fault for leaving it open.)

He's playing with a DVD which he slid from the living room into his room. He seems to prefer Iron Man. He gets it out all the time. Good taste in movies already. You can vaguely see the other one behind him. He takes two and slides on them as he crawls to go faster.

His entire pants drawer is emptied, as you can see. There was nothing on the floor before he went in there. So yes, he created all this mayhem single handedly. 

And last but not least, the look on his face of complete satisfaction on his face. It's like I walked in his room and he wanted to say, "Look Mom, I made this for you today." In the future, I just hope it's a drawing or something.

8 comments:

Taunya Spaulding said...

cute story :) You sure you want a drawing?? The drawing could end up being with a marker on the wall, ya know?

alisekelley said...

Oh how funny and cute! Little kids are so good at making messes! I love all the blogs you do! They are so fun to read!

bridgetrussell said...

I love your detailed report of the situation. Gee, that makes me so excited for Halle to grow up:)

bridgetrussell said...

Tag you're it... Check out my blog to see what i mean:)

Taunya Spaulding said...

Tag! You're it! Check out my blog to see what i mean.

Beck said...

This made me laugh out loud! Notice how much he looks like Mark with that little smirk? You are gonna have your hands full. So adorable!

Kimber Bowen said...

That is too funny! What a character. Boys what else can I say. He is a cutie!!!

The Christensens said...

I feel so bad that you had to be the one to clean it up, but it did make me laugh. He is an active one, huh!!! Boys are super fun, but they sure know how to get into everything!!